Why did I choose Debian GNU/linux ?

I shifted from windows xp professional.
There are many Linux Distro's available.
Debian is stable and strong along with great community and irc help.
Debian packages are old and rarely you will find upto date packages.
The packages are tried and tested over many times and then only they are included in the official releases.
I want peace of mind. I don't want to reinstall and repair the operating system frequently.
It has been more than 6 months. I have reinstalled only couple of times not because system broke but to get right size of partitions.
It is consuming a lot less of RAM, at any point of time it is consuming not more than 50% of RAM [ i.e. 256 MB ].


If you want to install newer packages you can upgrade either to experimental or unstable packages. But they come with a cost, the system might not be stable and it might result in data loss sometimes.

The End.
 
 
Creative Commons License
This work by maniac.vardhan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
 
 

0 comments :: Why did I choose Debian GNU/linux ?

Post a Comment