how to login into the system after the deletion of user folder

source : debian-user-digest # 1420.

Issue : I wanted to remove trash folder, but home folder/home/user is gone. There was only one user. I couldn't start any program. When I restarted computer, I couldn't login. How can I recover system.


Solution :

Step 1 : ctrl-alt-f1

Step 2 : login as root
$ su

Step 3 : create home directory of the user, replace the user to your desired username
# mkdir /home/user

Step 4 : change the ownership of the newly created user
# chown user:user /home/user

Step 5 : ctrl-alt-f7

Step 6 : try to login again as normal user
 
 
Creative Commons License
This work by maniac.vardhan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
 
 

0 comments :: how to login into the system after the deletion of user folder

Post a Comment